Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

ProFlowers EZrewards - scammed

Unfortunately I didn't notice the $14.95 a month charges on my credit card statement. ProFlowers has set up ordering flowers with this scam attached to their ordering sequence. Do not use ProFlowers. I am aware that these traps are all over the internet, but this one was better concealed than most of the others I've seen. This kind of scam should not be allowed, and our consumer affairs department certainly isn't doing its job. With all the schemes going on, one would think that some enforcement of this type of rip off would be in place.
Elizabeth S

Anyone in this situation should call Freed & Weiss to join a building class action against the company behind this scam. (It's pretty easy, just call them and tell them your story).

Help stop this scam: they need to hear from you!

Trilegiant is the company behind this abuse. They use bogus marketing tactics to get people to unknowingly sign up for memberships and then people are charged every month, again and again.

Call Freed & Weiss! Toll free: 866.799.9610. They need to hear from you so that they can move the class action forward and put a stop to this terrible customer abuse.

Email: info@freedweiss.com

#194872

I have considered using Pro Flowers but will NOT because of this EZ Saver deal. I hate you had to deal with this but appreciate you warning others.

#194870

View more comments (2)
Review
#200350 Review #200350 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Proflowers overcharge scam

Proflowers order ended up costing me over 50% more than advertised. They lure customers with "discounts" and "promotions", but what they don't say is that at the end they will recoup their money with all kinds of charges that DO NOT SHOW until the last page, where the total amount you will be charged for you order could skyrocket (mine was over 50%!). Many of their options and extras do not have a tag price when they are being offered, leading you to assume they are part of the deal, but in the end you will pay for everything.

This is absolutely true... To bad I didn't read it until after I ordered flowers.

They had flowers for $19 and $9 for vase, after hidden charges and options that wasn't clearly displayed my final invoice topped out at $68 dollars. And to think I was watching very closely at the site and still fell for the scam....

Same thing happened with my order. Everything was adding up fine, shipping, flowers, vase - subtotal $26.86.

So I figured near the end of my transaction they'd show a tax or something.

Suddenly, after my credit card info was entered BAM I was charged $50 and some odd cents for additional shipping charges and a handling fee that were NEVER mentioned prior to the credit card page OR after to approve these charges. I could live the rest of my life without ever ordering from them again.

I got charged for 3 different deliveries for the same bouquet of flowers:

Standard Delivery:$9.98

Rush Delivery:$4.99

Guaranteed Valentine's Day Delivery:$4.99

Care & Handling:$2.99

I only asked for Standard Delivery!

I wish I had read your post first. I just ordered some flowers and they ended up being 30 dollars more because they added on stuff and didn't give me the vase for free like they said. I called and they deleted it immediately or so I hope

View more comments (3)
Review
#199826 Review #199826 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Proflowers Flowers
Loss

ProFlowers.com purchase resulted in unauthorized charges

Beware of Pro-Flowers.com Nice website promises field fresh flowers delivered to the door. While submitting my second order, I clicked on a POP-UP thinking that I was getting 15% off of my second order, apparently that click was all that was needed to authorize an affiliate company, EZ Saver, to debit my account in the amount of $14.95 per month until I noticed the charges on my bank statement. Additionally, $800.00 worth of charges from EZ Saver showed up on my credit card statementlast month for sporting events and dinners. I disputed those charges and they were resolved. Total personal time spent, chasing down these charges, calling EZ saver, Proflowers, my bank and my credit card company-5 hours of my free time. I am going to spen additional time filing a complaint with the Btter Bsiness Bureau and the Attorney General's office-Pro Flowers is based in San Diego, California. Beware, do not use them!

I was double charged for my Valentine's day order.

I was also overcharged for the order I did want.

When I called to correct the situation:

I was told that they could not give me any type of confirmation number or even an email.

totally unacceptable

horrible business

I have had this happen also. I know for a fact I did not provide addl info and agree to the terms and conditions knowingly.

If closing a pop-up or forgetting to uncheck a box authorizes these charges there is a problem. I will go to the State of Ohio Atty General with this one.

I would like to assure you that we at ProFlowers, do not intend for anyone to be enrolled in one of our partner programs who does not wish to be. After making a purchase from ProFlowers we do offer an original incentive to join the EasySaver Rewards program and take advantage of its many benefits.

In order to enroll each customer must provide additional registration information and agree to the terms and conditions listed.

We do not intend for this to be a negative experiance for any customer and are more than happy to speak with any customer, hear thier feedback and help them.

If you encounter this please contact me directly, Caroline (858) 909-3785. I would be happy to help

View more comments (2)
Review
#193186 Review #193186 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Proflowers.com = Poor Quality, Poor Customer Service

Proflowers.com = Poor Quality, Poor Customer Service
I ordered two dozen roses from proflowers.com for my wife for our anniversary. The price wasn't too bad even though the shipping/handling fees are fairly high, but I thought that was offset by the convenience factor. The flowers arrived on time and the vase included was much too big for the flowers, not the same as was pictured on proflowers.com. The flowers looked good for a couple of days and then petals began to litter the table top. After 4-5 days, about two-thirds of the flowers were bare and the remaining third never even opened - Not a very good value. I have emailed proflowers.com 2 times and have received NOT ONE WORD of reply. So much for their guarantee. Needless to say I will not be using proflowers.com for my next flower purchase and I would certainly not recommend others do so either. Save your money and buy locally for even grocery store flowers seem to last longer than proflowers.com and there's less aggravation factor.

Just received roses for my mother for her birthday today. i paid big money for 24 roses and they are wilted, and the leaves are falling off and the delivery guy didn't even knock on the door, and its 104 degrees here today.

I was expecting vibrant colored roses and leaves but got what looks like roses that were overheated and limp. i am very upset and will never ever order from them again.

keep your money i could have went to my local grocer for half of what i spent with proflowers. :(

jaynee h

I am sorry for your experience with ProFlowers. I would like to look into this for you.

Please call 866-526-9426. Sallie

Cheap, Cheap, Cheap! Tiny rose buds that do not open, junk vase, threw everything in the garbage. Worst ever!

Becareful, ProFlowers is owned byt he same people that own Shari's Berries, Cherry Moon Farms, Secret Spoon Sweets, Red Envelope and about 20 other companies.

Do an online search of "proflowers easy saver" and you'll see they have been involved with ripping people off for a long time.

There is a class action lawsuit in progress in San Diego, but so far no state attorney has filed the criminal charges against them.

It's not the only fraud they are involved in, thier 'chocolate covered strawberries' don't actually contain any chocolate. The same people also own Direct TV, QCV and the Atlanta Braves and seem to be so wired in that no state will file charges.

View more comments (3)

A big scam - EZsaver and ProFlowers

I NEVER EVER AUTHORIZED the company called EZSVER RW to charge my account in any circumstances. I found out a few days ago that I have been monthly charged WITHOUT MY APPROVAL by this company in the amount of USD14.95 since January 2010. I didn't have idea regarding what type of business this company offered. I'm 100% sure I never enrolled in such company's service as I have not received any promotions, coupons or never went to their website. I entered in a dispute and the bank told me since they have my billing address the charges would be posted. The fact that Proflowers.com signed me up when I explicitly opted out, and the way that easy saver never sent any correspondence to inform me that I had been entered into a subscription service bothers me so much that I will not be using proflowers again, nor will I be recommending their services to others. It's a big scam.

Hey!

I just resolved pretty much the same issue. I called EZ saver at 1-866-828-4677, and spoke with them twice- once to cancel the account and request a refund for the latest charge, the second time to request refunds for all six charges they had dealt me.

Both ladies I spoke with were polite, and did as I asked.

What you need: all the dates of all previous charges, the email you signed up with, and the above number. Speak with them, and they'll refund you as long as you push for it.

I suggest venting or something before calling. It's a real *** to discover you've been scammed for the past six months. (I was pissed!!)

Now to see if I actually do get that refund they promised. If not, well, I suppose it's off to BBB.org for me.

Loss

Proflowers is partnered with a scammer

Proflowers acts like you are getting a discount of 10% etc. but really they are selling your credit card info to easy saver without your actual knowledge. Easy Saver then charges you 14.95 per month, and who knows for what. I called the 1-800# listed on my credit card and got all the charges removed. But come on, they should be more honest about this. Don't offer coupons that seem like they are from Pro Flowers, when actually they are signing you up for something else. I would rather pay more (full price) than be charged 14.95 a month forever without my knowledge! No one should use pro flowers! Plus their quality has gone down a lot. I get flowers for her every Mothers Day, and this year she told me not to get it from them anymore. The flowers were half dead when she received them this year and last! Boycott Pro Flowers!!!!!!!!!!
Proflowers Flowers

ProFlowers review in Stone Mountain, Georgia: Pro Flowers Gimmicks

I ordered flowers for Mother's Day and ever since, my credit card is being billed for all kind of programs that I did not sign up for. ProFlowers needs to be reported to the Better Business Bureau which I plan to do. Delivery for Mother's Day was $14.95 then they added the standard delivery $9.99 charges. There was nothing on the page that explained that. That's $25 for a $29 vase of flowers. The page has a shipping rebate. However when you complete the form, you do not get a rebate, you are just starting a whole bunch of charges on your credit card that you did not order.
Service
Proflowers Delivery Service

ProFlowers

OMG!! I had no CLUE they did this until I seem my Card Statement. Now I will NEVER order from ProFlowers again due to just this. I filled out the CANCEL my NOT MEMBERSHIP that I never seen coming!! Now I will NEVER order from ProFlowers again due to just this. Do you think I will get my money back...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Guess I beter wise up and watch what I'm doing when buying someone Flowers. Go figure...Now the Jokes on me...LOL ha LOL ha LOL ha LOL ha Mesa AZ.

Wait, what was your complaint about?

ProFlowers review in Boston, Massachusetts: Could not make deadlines

I ordered flowers for my mother's birthday to be delivered on a Friday to her work address. When they had not arrived by 5pm, their deadline, I called Pro Flowers. I was told after being placed on hold that the local florist was unable to fill the order and they had just received notice of this 45 minutes prior (but still well after the 5pm deadline and more than 24 hours afer I had placed by overnight order). I was offered an upgrade for delivery the next day which was a pathetic offer of accomodation and impractical. I am completely disgusted at their level of customer srevice. If they were unable to fill the order, they should havenotified me in a timely fashion so that I could make appropriate accomodations. Instead, I only found out when I called (!) and was offered the most pathetic accomodation ever. Why would I possible want an upgraded arrangement delivered too late by the same people that couldnot manage to get it right the first time? If you need something on a specific date, do not use Pro Flowers. One of the worst experiences I've ever had.

I live 3k+ miles from my mother, so that was impossible. plus, I don't know anyone she works with.

Whatever happened to buying flowers for her and asking someone from her work to deliver it. Beats ordering at last minute.

View more comments (1)
Proflowers Arrangement

ProFlowers review in Washington, District Of Columbia: NOT IMPRESSED! WILL NEVER, EVER USE AGAIN!

I ordered flowers two days before Mother's Day to be delivered on Saturday 5/8/10. I received a confirmation email stating that the flowers would be delivered on 5/8/10 between 9 am and 6 pm. When I called my mother Saturday night, the day of delivery, the flowers never showed, no phone and no email. At 8:30 pm that same night, I called their 1-888 number and was told the flowers could not be delivered because there was not a local florist able to handle the order. They had two days to figure this out and out of courtesy, they could have called or emailed to let me know so I could make other arrangements. I demanded a full refund ASAP and then filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Upon filing my complaint with the BBB, there were numerous other complaints against this company; I wish I would have done some research beforehand. I will NEVER use this company again, nor will I refer anyone I know to them. This is a scam company all the way around! I hope and pray in this economy, their doors will be permanently shut.

This is an update. It's the 15th and they've provided a variety of reasons why the order could not be delivered. I'd like to sue them.

Proflowers's flowers died way too early, what a total rip off. Never again.

Same thing, they keep offering to deliver the flowers at a discount and with an upgrade... They still can't seem to get the flowers delivered! Is there a consumer group or agency I can call about this?

The exact same thing happened to me, thanks for dishonoring my mother on her day.

View more comments (4)