Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

ProFlowers review in Boston, Massachusetts: Unreasonable Delivery Fees

On Feb 12 I had an order in my cart for delivery of two items totaling $79.98 on Feb 14. I was sick & lost track of time. So, I totally understand/accepted that expedited delivery would be more expensive. HOWEVER, I did not realize what a shock I would be in for w/Proflowers.Luckily, I reviewed my itemized order BEFORE submitting it. Shipping charges totaled $71.92! For another $30 I could have purchased a plane ticket & delivered them in person.ProFlowers shipping charges included:Morning Delivery: $14.99 x 2 = $29.98Rush Delivery: $ 4.99 x 2 = $ 9.98Standard Delivery:$12.99 x 2 = $25.98Care & Handling: $ 2.99 x 2 = $ 5.98 TOTAL DELIVERY: $71.92 *** ROTFL! ***I called to complain and a rep explained shipping charges were "out of their control" & were "set by the delivery service, where the items came from", etc. As a customer I DON'T CARE where the items originate & I don't want to hear excuses or feel like I'm being taken advantage of especially when I've placed multiple past orders. How can you think it's fair to charge a customer THREE SEPARATE DELIVERY CHARGES (Morning, Rush AND Standard delivery) AND then tack on care & handling for the same item? It appears that ProFlowers hoped I would not review the itemized order. Who the heck would place such an order when TOTAL delivery charges amounted to $71.92? As far as I'm concerned, even for 2-day delivery, it was a complete rip off. After reading reviews from Valentine's Day deliveries I'm glad I canceled the order. Instead, I ordered a beautiful fruit arrangement from Edible Arrangements. Delivery the day after Valentine's Day was $12 and the fruit was fresh and delicious. FYI - I checked and next day delivery charges w/Edible Arrangements is $12. Never again. It's unfortunate because I was a repeat customer.
  • February

Proflowers Fraud

My order was never delivered, and I've been trying to call there for almost a week. I keep getting transferred back and forth between Proflowers and Flowerexpress, disconnected and put on hold in excess of 20 minutes at times. I've been told that I would receive a call back and have not received any contact. I've asked to speak to supervisors. These poeple shoud be ashamed of themselves treating customers like this. I spend a lot of money on gifts, but will not be spending any of it here or at any of their affiliates inthe future. Clearly they don't care about how they treat people or the fact that they are going to lose customers.
jhernandez

If you haven't already received your resolution I want to ensure that happens. Please email me at cssocial@proflowers.com and I'll make sure that's done.

Daffney

I assure you this complaint is not bogus. My credit card is willing to help me to dispute the charges, but unfortunately, it still doesn't give the flowers I ordered for my gram to receive on Valentine's Day, nor does it give me backthe time I spent on hold trying to talk to someone. I have emailed them at their customer service email, and have now begun to contact them thru Facebook to see if they will respond.

#612006

Call your credit card company and dispute all charges. This company is horrible and gets thousands of complaints. Your credit card company will help you out, they are used to dealing with Proflowers chargebacks.

View more comments (2)

ProFlowers review: Totally ticked

Update by user Feb 20, 2013

I could post a picture if you would like

Update by user Feb 20, 2013

I could post a picture if you would like

Original review posted by user Feb 19, 2013

my husband had flowers sent to me at work, he thought he was ordering flowers for a local florist to deliver not a Fed Ex driver, because it was a Fed Ex delivery it had to go to the warehouse before it got to me, then I told him they were in a box, I brought the box home and showed him and he was astonished because the flowers looked nothing like the picture and he thought they would be arranged and they weren't. When I unrubberband the flowers a big black beetle fell to the ground and the beetle was still alive, oh ya did I mention I live in a very cold climate during this time of year. the leaves had holes in them and the roses are now welting and dying and black around the top. The delivery charges were the same as the flowers. We could have ordered flowers from a local florist and they would have been a lot prettier and fresher for the same price. Never will we order from Pro flowers again!!

That's ok :)

Murielle
#612043

Sorry I hit the *** button on accident...and So-sad you should use a different user name if you are going to hit the *** button on every complaint.

@Murielle

That's ok :)

#612010

So-sad. The jig is up.

Your beloved company has been exposed for the horrible way it conducts business.

Are you really going to come on here and check every complaint as being ***? Well if you are, then you've got a full time job ahead.

Tosha

I could post a picture if you would like :)

View more comments (5)
  • The Delivery

ProFlowers review: Worst Idea EVER!

I ordered from PRO FLOWERS, first they were late, second the presentation/delivery style was horrible,third they didn't send the whole order, fourth they played around for four days before they told me the other items I ordered are out of stock. Then they have the nerve to ask if I want a refund DUH no here take my money for nothing. Waiting on refund I will believe it when I see it. Totally disappointed paid good money for a *** gift for my wife made me feel like an ***!Basically if you want to give the gift of thought then go with PRO FLOWERS because you wont get what you pay for.

• Economics terminology

ProFlowers review in Baton Rouge, Louisiana: Good way to look bad on Valentines Day

So ProFlowers shows these wonderful flower arrangements on their web site. You order a beautiful one for your Valentine thinking you will make a good impression and show your love. ProFlowers rubber bands flowers together and sticks them in a box and sends them via UPS or FedEx to your Valentine. While others in your Valentines office are being handed beautiful flower arrangements, your Valentine gets a cardboard box. Your Valentine then gets to open the box and discover there is "some assembly required". In fact, unless your Valentine spent some time as a floral designer they will be lucky to make the flowers look decent at all. From now on I will always order my flowers from a local florist and have real professionally arranged flowers sent to my Valentine.
jhernandez

Thank you for reaching out. We do send our flowers in a specially designed gift box fresh from the growers.

We apologize for your dissatisfaction with the initial presentation of the floral order.

Should there be any issue with the quality of the flowers, please email your order number to cssocial@proflowers.com. - Jose

Proflowers Arrangement
Loss

ProFlowers review in Raleigh, North Carolina: Multiple hidden fees that were NOT DISCLOSED

I purchased a small bouquet of flowers for my fiancee and had them delivered for Valentine's Day from this company. What I was not told was all of the hidden fees. $12.99 delivery fee. $13.99 Morning delivery fee. $14.99 guaranteed feb 14th delivery. The confirmation screen that was given to me, did NOT display all this. It simply showed the address to ship and who was paying and how. I was on a budget with my unfortunate accident causing me multiple medical bills and this just destroyed me for the next month. Never using this company again. P.S. The flowers were still buds when they were delivered. Like they were sold too early or something. Based on other reviews, it seems they have a history of not getting the flowers you ordered to you at the right "age".

I agree...too many hidden undisclosed fees and the roses died in 2 days!!! Lost a customer in me!

jhernandez

We sincerely apologize that you did not see the shipping and handling fees prior to confirming your order. We do make this available on various locations through the order process, the first being when selecting the delivery date.

You will be made aware of whether the cost to ship will be Standard Delivery or Standard Delivery plus a surcharge based on the day requested. On this selection box, there is also a hyperlink to get delivery fee ranges. Additionally, prior to confirming the order, the entire order total breakdown is displayed in itemized form for our customers to review prior to confirming their order.

If you could email your order number to cssocial@proflowers.com, we would be more than happy to provide you with an itemized breakdown of your order and any fees accrued on it. - Jose

I had the same happen to me. They have all of these hidden fees that were not shown to me until i hit submit order. then i saw them and was pissed..wtf

OMG! So Sad is such an apropos name for this raving ***.

This customer was robbed. Just check the Facebook page and twitter feeds for Proflowers. There are thousands of complaints and Proflowers can't even keep up with them. It's a social media nightmare.

How does this DECEPTIVE company stay in business?

View more comments (3)
Loss
my boyfriend and i are in a long distance relationship. so for valentines day he decided to sent me flowers from pro flowers.com. dont ever do it after spending almost 100 dollars on 2 dozen rainbow roses that I had to put in the vase by my self and a box of...
jhernandez

Thank you for reaching out. We sincerely apologize for the roses being crushed.

We do ship all of our products in a specially designed gift box in bud form, fresh from the growers. Additionally, we apologize for the chocolates being too hard.

We would like to make this right for you, if you could email your order number to cssocial@proflowers.com. - Jose

View more comments
  • Valentine's Day

Proflowers.com ruined my Valentinesday!!!

My sister recommended that I use proflowers.com to send my fiance flowers at work for valentines this year because she had been hearing a lot of their radio promos leading up to the day.I said okay and went online and was impressed by their selection and i chose what seemed to be a good deal at the time. Well after they added all the fees for delivery whiched totaled to be almost $20, which was about half of what the flowers themselves cost, I submitted my order and waited for tem to be delivered to my fiance.I had the flowers sent to my fiances professional job in downtown Dallas because on valentines day its all about the "show" and letting people know how much you love your lady. I waited to hear from my lady while I was at work and when I didn't I checked to see if the flowers were delivered and I received an email saying that they were. Later when I talked to her I found out that she did receive the flowers but when she opened the BOX they came in the flowers looked so sad and almost dead looking that she was too embarrassed to display them for her co workers to see!! Needless to say, I was so angry and ashamed that I used this company to send the woman that I love such a poor quality of representation of how i felt about her on this day that's devoted to how i feel about her! I WILL NEVER use proflowers.com again in my life!

ProFlowers is the "flowers in a box" / "build it yourself" flower company. They are all about super cheap flowers and high delivery fee's.

If you are trying to make an impression by sending flowers you should call your local florist.

These big corporations are putting local florists out of business and all the while delivering a horrible product and a horrible experience to customers. The sad part is that many recipients of these "gifts" won't complain to the sender to "be polite" thus giving the sender a false sense that the product was well received.

It's a shame.

I am in the same boat kind of they ruind my v day I ordered flowers and they didnt even show up. Proflowers.com sucks donkey balls

jhernandez

Lfe1ao, we want to make this situation right for you. We understand your disappointment.

Send us an email to cssocial@providecommerce.com so we can help. -Kayla, Social Media Response Team.

View more comments (2)
  • Valentine's Day
  • Emotions

ProFlowers review in Chicago, Illinois: False advertising and poor quality

The bouquet I ordered from Proflowers was advertised to have fifteen tulips and five lily stems with 2 to 4 blooms per stem. However, it arrived with only eleven tulips in full bloom and a total of five lily blooms, green and tight. I can buy better quality from the local Kroger, and check out the meat section at the same time. I don't expect their complaint department to be any better than than their flower department. But I reckon I know who's getting the most traffic. Their managers will address the problem by expanding the complaint department. In contrast, I sent two other bouquets from another on-line provider and both came through as advertised and simply stunning. Oh well, maybe I do have too many girl friends. Thanks, Proflowers, for thinning the herd.
jhernandez

Anonymous, we apologize for this arrangement not arriving as it should have. I would be happy to assist.

Send me an email at cssocial@providecommerce.com. -Kayla, Social Media Service Team.

Proflowers Bouquet

ProFlowers review in South Windsor, Connecticut: Pro Flowers fails in Customer Service

I sent my boyfriend flowers for Valentines Day. But they were supposed to be delivered on Tuesday the 12 as they were sent to his work and he wouldn't be there on Valentines day. The flowers arrived two days late - on valentines day - and were wilted and pathetic looking. They arrived in a vase without water!!! I contacted proflowers and their only "solution" was another bouquet. Why on earth would I want more? I asked for my money returned and they said they cannot help. This is the second time I've ordered through them and last time the person who received the flowers had to contact them and get new ones as they were broken and dead on arrival. Their customer service policy claims they stand by their product and will give satisfaction. I mentioned this in my emails to them and yet I have NOT been satisfied in the least. I will be spreading the word to everyone I know, and all over the internet.
jhernandez

Anonymous, we apologize for the disappointment with your order. We want to assist you.

Please send us an email to cssocial@providecommerce.com and we can help. -Kayla, Social Media Service Team.

Proflowers Bouquet