Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

ProFlowers review in Phoenix, Arizona: Mislead, Misrepresent and Mistakes

...1st they quote an comfortably affordable competitive price (baiting). Then they double it by adding 4 separate "fees". Their radio add warns that "other florist, double & triple their prices @ Valentines day", taking advantage of their customers. They ship the flowers in a box separate from the vase, so you have to arrange them yourself (unless I missed the "arrangement fee" when I was filling up my shopping cart), so you don't get the arrangement that's shown on their website - which is kind of the point. Then they ship subgrade products which are often late. Can over 400 complaints on Valentines Day alone (Twitter), be wrong? I feel like I just left BeeZit.

All delivery and handling fees are presented to the buyer before making payment. It's flowers - it takes time to prepare, it's not like buying something from bestbuy online where they go into the warehouse, grab item #5341 in a box and slap your info on the address label for a $10 shipping charge.

The website also clearly states that deliveries will be "attempted" on the requested delivery date, but may be delivered earlier or later.

The website also states that if certain products are not available, your order will be substituted for a product of equal value. YOU ORDERED, YOU PAID, JUST MOVE ON.

jhernandez

We're sorry you had a bad experience with our product. Our flowers are indeed obtained directly from the growers, hand packed, and shipped overnight, so they will arrive in a box as stated on our website in the "About Us" section, and we fill our orders as placed on the site, so you will receive the arrangement featured on the website, guaranteed fresh for seven days.

We understand that method isn't preferable for everyone, however it does allow us to deliver the freshest possible flowers and guarantee them for that week for our customers. With the staggering number of orders we shipped for Valentine's Day, and the perishable nature of flowers, we understand that a small fraction of our orders may experience problems, which is why we will always do what we can to make it right in those comparatively few cases. Shipping prices did increase for last minute orders simply due to the volume that was having to be shipped out and our own increasing costs, however we know shipping adds expense to a customer's order and work closely with the carriers to minimize the amount we have to pass on. I'll be more than happy to assist you if you had any questions or concerns about our products.

My number is 866-526-9426. -Steve

Loss

Proflowers messes up then refuses to admit it

Ordered a Dozen strawberries for valentines day. Yes, the wife likes chocolate covered fruit more than flowers. So, I chose valentines day as the deliver date and started the checkout process. During checkout I expected to be offered vases and other deals, which is OK with me. They offered flowers, a dozen roses, at a substantial discount. So, selected to also purchase the flowers. On valentines day the flowers show up, the items I selected secondary, but no strawberries. I was busy that night, as might be expected, so I didn't end up writing to Proflowers that night. The next day the strawberries showed up. So, I got the primary gift I selected a day late and the secondary gift I selected only because it was offered for a discount price on time. I contacted proflowers indicating I did not get everything on Valentines day. They told me the strawberries were delivered the next day so there was nothing wrong. I responded again indicating the choice of the delivery date and alluding to the importance of a valentines day gift being delivered on valentines day. They responded telling me they scheduled the deliver to span 2 separate days and see nothing wrong so they would not do anything for me. I know they had a special deal where you could choose a combo deal and have deliveries of the combo items arrive over a period of days. I specifically did not choose this combo deal, which I indicated. I also responded to proflowers asking them to rationalize how anyone would choose to have a valentines day gift delivered after valentines day. I asked them to specifically try to understand that whatever their system did to cause an item not to be delivered on valentines day was something they should be responsible for. But, they would do nothing for me. Many large companies can easily have many satisfied customers unless they are total screw ups, and you don't get to be a large internet company by being a total screw up. But, what separates an ok company from a good one is how they handle their screw ups. It is clear that their system made a mistake. I indicated this in many different ways. They would not admit to it nor take responsibility for it. They show no quality service at all. I've received orders from them before and there were not problems. Receiving something that was clearly their mistake and not admitting it will cause me to never purchase from them again. I suggest everyone do the same. Are you willing to take the risk that your order is not delivered on a time for a special occasion? if that happens are you willing to take the risk that they will not admit responsibility nor make any corrective action? I dont want to take these risks. I expected more from them. I will not order from them ever again.

Why would you go through some discount flower delivery website to give your loved one a gift? let alone...to order a perishable item like strawberries and expect them to be the freshest in the world when they arrive.

Here's a tip: anyone who really does care about their loved one, will not mail them something on valentines day, lol.

You should have done this in person or not done it at all. Way to be a sellout and try to pay someone to be nice to your girl for a day instead of just doing it yourself like a man.

they are the same company that owns QVC & the atlanta braves.. so what did you expect..

(untill last year DirecTV was part of the same company but they split it off) the berries are not even dipped in real chocolate.. if you had first searched on "proflowers fraud" you would see you were not the first person for any type of problem you could think of

jhernandez

We apologize for the confusion with our online order form Petecis. We do have items that are delivered on a two day schedule that cannot be altered by our customers using the online order form and it was probably not an error in the system if you unknowingly upgraded your product to one of those options, however our customer service agent should not have simply told you that you were wrong and left it at that; that isn't how we expect our agents to treat our customers.

There is a reason why ProFlowers has been in business for over a decade, and it is because we treat our customers how we would want to be treated if we were in their shoes.

Without seeing your specific order I cannot offer any further insight here, but if you give me a call at 866-526-9426, I'll definitely do what I can to make it right for you. -Steve

They get away with this because of their advertising. They sell sell sell and so far, people are buying buying buying.

As consumers such as yourself wise up to the nonsense, they will eventually fade away. Many local floral and candy shops offer holiday deliveries of dipped fruit.

Perhaps next year you'll look in your own community for a more reliable vendor. Good luck!

View more comments (3)

ProFlowers review in Wexford, Pennsylvania: *** flowers for the 3rd time

I'm done-never again. I've been using proflowers for some time. This is now the 3rd time in the last several years that they've sent pieces of dog dirt-this time to my wife for valentines day! You would have thought that I would have no better after the first or second time, but never again. This is the first time I've ever felt the need to vent on an internet blog, but I am so angry at the dismal specimen she just brought home from work its an embarassment. DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM THIS COMPANY!
jhernandez

Motown, I apologize for your experience. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee as well as a 7 day freshness guarantee.

Please contact ust at 888-855-3486 and we will make this right. Luke

ProFlowers...haha Pro??? I don't think so

This 2012 Valentines I decided to try something new for my wife I went to ProFlowers.com for an arrangement. We purchased to 2 arrangements to have them delivered in the A.M. The arrangement I order finally showed up at around 2pm. The arrangement my son picked did not show up till 6pm. The flowers looked dead. They were wilting and falling apart. Looked nothing compared to the picture of the arrangement on the website. For spending over $100 I'm PISSED. all they have offered to so is refund the shipping, which by the way was $30.00.
jhernandez

Big O, I apologize for your experience. We have a 7 day freshness guarantee that we are more than willing to honor.

Please contact us at 888-855-3486 and we will make things right. Luke

ProFlowers review in New York, New York: MAD

HAVE BEEN GETTING FLOWER FROM PROFLOWER FOR SOMETIME NOW THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME NOT HAPPY. ORDER FLOWERS FOR VALENTINE DAY. THEY CAME ON THE 10TH. THATS NOT BAD, BUT THE ROSES WAS DEAD THE VERY NEXT DAY. date feb. 10,2012 from proflower.com order#A17AGMA-1 PROFLOWER I WILL NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM ANYMORE IN LIFE ONE OF THE BETTER DAYS. ALSO SEND SOME FLOWER TO MY MOTHER IN MD. AND SHE TELL ME THE FLOWERS WAS DEAD THE NEXT DAY. HAD TO REORSER SOME MORE FROM ANOTHER PLACE. A LITTLE LATE BUT SHE DID GET SOME COST IS NOT GOOD.
jhernandez

I apologize for your experience. We have a 7 day freshness guarantee that we want to honor.

Please contact us at 888-855-3486 so that we can make this right. Luke

dont whine to us, call them and get your money back and free flowers!! it's really not that difficult! if that doesn't work...well then put the flowers in water next time!!

Proflowers Flowers
I use a different email address for each site, so i can find out just where the spam comes from. On Feb 15, 2012, i received spam to the address i used for proflowers from an aol.com address claiming that i won a prize in the spanish lotto -- yeah, right. Subject says...

I never heard of these guys until they started spamming me. Off course the unsubscribe button goes nowhere and complaining doesn't help (some poor excuse that it takes two weeks to remove your mail address from their mailinglist, yeah right).

Proflowers are spammers and scammers...

It's the same company as shari's berries (which charges insane amounts of money for a few strawberries). Spam from these companies is also coming in now.

No help from them to remove me from their mailinglist. They pose as a legitimate company but for me they are just a bunch of crooks.

View more comments

PO'ed Proflowers/Florist Express Customer

$80 order places for Gerber Daisies including 15 dollar delivery fee plus $9.99 holiday fee for Valentines Day. Had ordered this arrangement before - multi-colored Gerber Daisies. The order arrived the day after Valentine's Day, all the flowers were white daisies, and the flowers were all open and drooping. Will never order from Proflowers or Florist Express again. I had ordered the deluxe arrangement - when I called to complain on Valentine's day they offered to increase the arrangement size if I would accept delivery the next day. The flowers in the arrangement delivered had LESS than the "standard" arrangement in the picture on the Proflowers website. Never again.

I had the same experience with Florist Express! I had ordered purple orchids for a same day delivery for my mother's birthday.

I ordered the flowers at 9AM so I figured that would be plenty of time. I talked to my mom later that day she never mentioned the flowers. I finally asked if she had gotten them and she said no. I figured they might come the next day, but still no flowers.

So finally two days later I called to figure out what the *** was going on. I talked to a lady, she was nice and called the florist. She came back on the line very embarrassed because the florist that was supposed to make the arrangement didn't have those flowers so they just IGNORED MY ORDER and never called Florist Express or myself to tell me they didn't have the flowers. She offered me 30% back on my order and said that a new arrangement would be delivered the next day with an apology note to my mother for the flowers being late.

So the next day, flowers did arrive. It was the correct arrangement, but the flowers were white!! It looked like a sympathy arrangement and was still NOT WHAT I ORDERED. So I called them again, less than pleased this time.

And I talked to a guy this time. He was very rude and I told him the situation and his response was "the florist probably didn't have the color you ordered." Time out.... would it be acceptable if you ordered a pizza with pepperoni and the pizza place didn't have it so they sent you one with anchovies on it? NO!

It wouldn't because that is NOT WHAT YOU ORDERED. The guy offered to give me 20% back on the order and I said no, I do not want my money back I want the purple orchid arrangement THAT I ORDERED to be delivered to my mother's house. So he gets back on the line and says that the flowers will be at the house on Monday because they didn't deliver on Sunday. So I said okay.

Monday rolls around and guess what... STILL no flowers. This time I got an email saying that they couldn't deliver them on that day and to pick a new delivery date. So I picked the next day and got a confirmation email from one of the employees that my arrangement would be delivered Tuesday.

Tuesday comes.... STILL no flowers. I email them AGAIN because they were still not delivered. A representative emailed me back saying that they are having a hard time finding the flowers, but the florist ordered them and the shipment would be in on Thursday and the arrangement would be delivered on the same day.

She also gave me 30% back on my order. Thursday can and went... still no flowers. Finally, I had enough of this BS and said forget you and your company.

Give me all of my money back. And I got an email back saying sorry we got something wrong on your order, but here's your money back.

That company literally wasted a week and a half of my life. I will NEVER order from Florist Express again.

#431963

Wow!I am not the only one! I could not believe my Valentine's Day experience would be a TRICK OR TREAT experience.

My Roses were promised and confirmed for 2/14/12. They arrive at my place of employment 2/16/12. They were wilted when the secretary received them. It was a shock and total disappointment that the Quality of service matched the Floral Arrangement.

He(customer)demanded his refund and was respectful to the Proflowers representative with no success. I would love to say I had a beautiful Valentines Day week....

Maybe next year! I just hope a company of this magnitude

would learn from this experience....it was costly...we have.

jhernandez

SFCPsy, I apologize for your experience. Please contact us at 888-855-3486 and we will make things right. Luke

Order flowers for Valentine's Day. Didn't arrive.

I complain, they say the apologize and said they'd deliver the next day or the 16th "as backup".

Still waiting. Going to demand refund.

View more comments (3)

Proflowers

Had flowers sent to where I work. My wife works same place as me. The delivery went to the shipping dept via UPS, not to the front desk. The flowers were in a cardboard box. They were wilted and had black edges on parts of the flowers (roses). It looked like something you would get 3 days after valentines day at a gas station. What a joke. I also got some strawberries, which were beginning to melt even though it came with ice. The strawberries were very good. but not worth it. I was charged for 2 separate shipments which totaled the order. The shipping was as much as the order! Ridiculous! On top of that there was a misc charge fore 7.99. Not sure what that was for. Go somewhere else!! Don't bother!!
jhernandez

Soulbleed59, I apologize for your experience. Our flowers have a 7 day freshness guarantee, and our berries should last for 2 days.

Please contact us at 888-855-3486 so that we can make this right. Luke

Proflowers sucks

I ordered flowers for my wife to have them delivered on Valentines Day. They charged me $9.99 for standard shipping then $9.99 for delivery on Valentines Day! The Kicker - UPS shipped them from a florist in Houston to my house in Houston at 7:45 P.M.!! WTF! $18.98 for in town delivery. Pro Flowers is a scam. Then they emailed me a message that my order had delivered and I could get a rebat for shipping. When I went to the link it asked me to sign up for some B.S. credit card insurance to receive a $15.00 rebate.
Service
Proflowers Delivery Service

PROFLOWERS.COM Valentines Day

I ordered the 100 Blooms of Love special: $39.99 gets you 25 lillies (4 blooms per stem), a small teddy bear, a small thing of chocolates, and a bottle of bubble bath (spa treatment). I ordered them on Feb 7, a week in advance. Here was my experience Pro's and ***'s: Cons: The price was $39.99, then add $9.99 for shipping (by UPS with the flowers delivered in a box), then another $4.99 for Valentines Day delivery, then $7.99 for a vase (not included), then sales tax. My total was $65 (I talked them into giving me a free vase). When the flowers arrived, my wife was pleased about the gesture, but she sends me a pic. EVERY flower is wilting and have yet to bloom. The Orange and Yellow lillies have a brown, dying shade to them. It looked like wild flowers my daughter had picked 3 days ago. Pros: The delivery was on time and the ordering process was very convenient. Customer Service did a good job handling my call (excluding the wait time) and offered me a $30 dollar refund. That was MOST of the cost of my order, minus the delivery charge. I accepted the $30 and they gave me a 20% discount on my next order. To sum it up, my only problem was the condition of the flowers and the hidden fees associated with delivery. 4 out of 10 stars.

It costs just as much to ship as your flowers! Buy from a local florist to get your money's worth

jhernandez

MarzMiller, I apologize for your experience. We have a 7 day freshness guarantee.

If your flowers do not last through our guarantee please contact us so that we can make this right.

We can be reached at 888-855-3486. Luke