I ordered flowers on line at Pro Flowers after hearing my favorite radio station endorse them. First I wasn't happy about the fact that they tell you the flowers are discounted till you go to check out and see that you're charged for shipping and $ 15.00 for guaranteed Valentine Day delivery.

I was ordering a week in advance why wouldn't it be there in time! A few days later I looked at my bank account (I had used my bank card for ordering) and saw a charge of almost $600.00 from someplace I had never heard of.

Turns out my bank card number was hacked and someone was using it!!. Thank god my bank gave me my money back but I would NEVER EVER use Pro Flowers site again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Proflowers Flowers.

Comments

Same thing has just happened to us. They hacked into our account on pro flowers and began making large orders of flowers. Would never use them again.

proredpc
San Diego, California, United States #602985

We're terribly sorry to hear that your account information was stolen. Our site security is very important to us, and we take all standard and necessary steps to protect the information of our customers. If your information was stolen, you may have a security issue with your Internet connection which you may want to investigate, or it may have been stolen elsewhere and the timing have been an unfortunate coincidence.

As far as the charges for delivery on Valentine's Day, due to the extraordinary volume of orders that are being delivered for that day all across the country, as it gets closer to the holiday, carriers will charge more to handle the packages as they expand their assets being used to make those deliveries. We know that shipping adds expense to your gifts, and work hard to keep the costs passed on to our customers to a minimum. Unfortunately, if the gift has to be delivered on the 14th, those costs have increased. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Steve

ProFlowers.com

cssocial@providecommerce.com

Wethersfield, Connecticut, United States #602532

I use a different email address with each vendor that I interact with online. I don't repeat email addresses. I do this so I can identify the source of SPAM email. I received the following to my proflowers email address.

The Federal Government is working to ensure its programs perform well to improve our Financial performance. It has come to our attention that your Social Security Number (SSN), Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TIN) or Employer identification numbers (EINs) Information records below are out of secure data recorders.

You will need to complete your verification Application for a Social Security and also must submit evidence of your identity, financial institutions, accounting firms and U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status.CLICK & UPDATE to verify your Information.

Note: Failure to respond to the SSN or TIN Account Update may result in a procedural assessment liable to file on all U.S. tax returns filed or account suspention.

You have absolutely no way to tell if your bank account info was leaked by pro flowers. It could be anything from a check you threw out and someone found it, or any email that contains your info, or they could have hacked it from ANY website you EVER gave this info to, since the beginning of time.