As a woman, mother of daughters and a floral consumer I respectfully request that Proflowers terminate its advertising on the Rush Limbaugh show. Limbaugh is blatantly anti female and his recent disgusting remarks about young women are a clear indication of his gutter character. I would never do business with an advertiser who helped give him a voice - and I would urge my friends to join me in an indefinite boycott of Proflowers until its sponsorship is terminated.

My floral and landscaping budget is approximately $3000/year. I'm sure those dollars will find a welcome home elsewhere.

Thank you.

Comments

MrsLea

We should boycott Barack Obama and his communist agenda

I love Rush Limbaugh, and lets admit, none of us would likely want this woman as our daughter. How embaressing! :zzz

My husband and children are instructed NOT to use Pro Flowers for me in the future. The woman presented herself as sexually promiscuous expecting us and a church to pay for her related costs.

The terms used on the radio were accurate in their analogy of the situation. I do not agree with censorship of accuracy in media which Rush was practicing.

The liberal media has called Sarah palin a *** and Laura ingraham but oh my rush made a bad choice of words to prove a point a and it's a huge deal . The media is such a joke . I am done with company's like pro flowers that listen to this ***

Unless they already weren't gathering much business from Rush's radio program, these companies will not fare well by pulling ads from that program. By advertising on that program they're reaching far more people who will be more upset with them pulling their ads then people who would be upset with them keeping. Personally I would not do business with any company that pulls their ads because it shows that company to be rather jelly-spined.

you dump Rush, I've dumped you!

Bye-Bye losers!

Your flowers were substandard anyway...

ALL FUTURE FLOWER PURCHASES ARE CANCELLED!

"aProstitute" was the proper word to use versus aslut to make Rush's analogy parallel to what he said. a 30 yr old, regardless of student status should be mature enough to manage their sexual alledged picadilo cost(s).

Again why should insurance take on that non existent risk?

Why force an institution to do something against their stated morals?

Why enforce an individuals morals?

Fluke was a plant - no doubt by the Dems who walked out of last weeks meeting

you sponsor a hate mongering individual, that is tearing at the fabric of this great country.

rush limbaugh's behavior is un-american & destructive.

you sponsoring him is an act of suicide for your company

you will no longer see my hard earned american dollars

Open letter to Pro Flowers and Other Advertisers on the EIB Network

March 3, 2012

Your business has recently come under fire by the progressive, left leaning portion of our society. Primarily, over some comments by Rush Limbaugh concerning one Sandra Fluke.

There is an old quote (attributed to Abe Lincoln & poet John Lydgate):

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I urge the business owners to continue with your current business plans/models. If you are seeing good results, from your advertising dollars used on the EIB Network, then continue to advertise with EIB Network.

Now, in those days of yesteryear, it took a little effort to generate a boycott or to express outrage over an issue. Folks had to actually WRITE A LETTER or make a “Long Distance” phone call. These things also cost the consumer some money out of their own pocket. In our modern day, of internet communications and such, that is no longer the case. It only takes ~ 1 minute to set up a Facebook Page and then share it. Even less time to send a tweet. And then, they can make it look even bigger than it really is—- how many folks have multiple Twitter & Facebook ID’s?

This is a typical ‘Temper Tantrum’ type of tactic, that children use when they are told something they don’t like, or don’t want to hear. “Put that back Sally, we can’t afford to buy that toy for you right now.” (Little Sally lays on the floor and screams and flails about causing a big scene in the store.)

Please DO NOT let the OUTRAGE of a small percentage of the populous control or influence your business decisions.

I’ll leave you with this small list of comparisons and the text of the 1st Amendment ;

If a conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn’t buy one.

If a liberal doesn’t like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn’t eat meat.

If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.

A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat it.

If a liberal see an enemy he wonders what he can do to appease him.

If a conservative is ***, he’ll quietly enjoy his life.

If a liberal is ***, he’ll demand everyone get involved in his bedroom activities.

If a successful conservative is black or Hispanic, he’ll see himself as having succeeded on his own merits.

Successful liberal minorities still claim “racism” and want government to give them even more.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to work to better his situation.

A liberal wants someone else to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn’t like a talk show host, he switches channels.

If a liberal doesn’t like a radio show, he demands that the station be shut down or censored.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he just doesn’t go to church.

Non-believing liberals demand that everyone cease believing and demands churches be censored.

If a conservative needs health care, he shops for it, or chooses a job that provides it.

Liberals demand that everyone else provide him with healthcare for free.

If a conservative sees a law, he thinks long and hard before suggesting a change.

If a liberal sees a law he assumes it is just a suggestion and does what he wants anyway.

Conservatives believe in freedom, responsibility, tradition, and self-reliance.

Liberals believe in license, government restrictions, upending tradition, and collectives.

The 1st Amendment that provides Mr. Limbaugh the RIGHT to express his opinions;

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Signed by an American Patriot & Natural Born Citizen of the State of North Carolina within the United States of America. God Bless our Great Republic.

Makes me want to go out an by my honey some flowers. May as well since you nit wits are adverstising them on this web site

:( They should change their name to Pig Flowers. Honestly they must be run by old white angry men like Limbaugh as how could someone there be so *** to even think or consider sponsoring a talk show that degrades women on a regular basis??

Proflowers is ProLimbaugh!

their continued support of this vile wreck of a 'man' is revolting. Apparently they don't understand how appalling their inaction is.

As long as Proflowers advertises on Limbaugh's show... I'm telling everyone I know to use FTD.

Proflowers, I hope you have a very lean Mother's Day!

I for one am going to find my 6 favorite liberal wackos and send them all a nice Rush order of Pro Flowers ! LOL

Mother's Day is just around the corner and the best way to honor mothers and all women is to boycott Proflowers as long as they continue to support a sexist bully.

#441991

Stop advertising with the most vile man on the radio and internet. I will never buy another product from you if you don't cancel all advertising with this man

#441916

To think a company whos main clientele and recipient of there products are women siding with limbaugh? I guess any publicity is good huh? Great be sure to send a few flowers to the women he insulted ...I'll be sure to send you a few when you company goes bust...then again dealing with him is a sure fire way to start pushing up daisies

I just sent them the following:

I don't usually get into the fray, but must tell you that your association with Rush Limbaugh has tainted your brand. I find it ironic that a company which sells flowers would support a misogynist. Don't most flowers get sent to women?

You have no idea how angry the women of this country are. It's all my friends and relatives are talking about. We may not have a radio show, but we can sure vote with our wallets and we influence many of the purchases that men make too. We will not shop ProFlowers or others who support this attacks on women. I hope you will do the right thing, but if not, we have other options for our floral and gift purchases.

I spoke with their customer service yesterday. They were taking all comments into consideration.

Obviously, almost 24 hrs. later, they are still considering.

Well, Proflowers, I don't need that long to consider that I will NOT, nor will my daughters, who send me flowers frequently via your company, use your services any longer. For shame!

Free speech huh? ProFlowers say they will continue sponsoring Rushbo's racist, misogynistic psycho babble.

Now we know where their moral compass is parked. If they are so desparate for customers they probably sponsor kiddie *** sites too.

Disgusting. That's my free speech.

I hae used your services in the past, but will not use them again until you stop your sponsorship of Rush Limbaugh. You have such a good reputation. Why would you want to taint that with any sponsorship of Rush Limbaugh?