Paris, Ile-De-France

Prior to ordering flowers for my mothers birthday, I have read as much as I can about proflowers. I was warned about popups for extra charges and poor flower quality- but chose to trust them regardless.The flowers have not arrived yet (due on february 4th), but I ended up paying more than what proflowers said I will pay.At the confirmation screen I saw the amount for the flowers, the vase, and the shipping, I submitted my CC information and confirmed the order.

Surprise surprise, I am billed for almost twice the amount and receive a statement to my e-mail listing a dozen charges that I did not note anywhere.

Standard delivery, international delivery, order tax, tax, monday delivery (seriously?) and a few others that I do not recall. My loss is not huge, but if I knew this before hand - I would have gone with FTD.

Comments

Highland Park, Texas, United States #604796

I too was charged for delivery and handling fees which amounted to another 50% of the original order. Throughout the checkout process no fees for shipping and handling ever appeared.

In fact I always selected the dates that did not show additional shipping for valentines day to avoid extra fees. When I got the email confirmation was the first time I saw the $17 in shipping and handling.

I cancelled my order and will go with a company who lists all charges at checkout so that I can make an informed decision. What happened to being upfront and honest.

proredpc
San Diego, California, United States #602981

We're sorry if you had trouble with your order. We work really hard to ensure transparency with our order process, and all charges will be displayed before you are allowed to confirm an order. If you feel that items were added to your bill incorrectly, please email me with your order number and I will look into it for you personally. While Monday delivery will often cost extra if the item has to be shipped overnight late Saturday night (due to no Sunday pickups by our carriers), there should not be charges for international delivery since none of the items on our core site are available outside the United States. We have an entirely separate site for international deliveries with its own products and pricing (which may or may not be subject to local taxes).

Steve