I checked out ProFlowers because I got a $15 gift card from Bing Rewards. Their prices seemed awfully high to me, but I wanted to send my girlfriend some nice flowers for Valentine's Day so I decided to go ahead with it.

In addition to trying to nickel and dime you with extras (some flower choices have no free vase included in the base price, and you MUST choose one of the ones that costs extra), they also wanted to charge me an extra $5 to deliver on Valentine's Day. I thought that was unfair, but decided to go ahead with it since I'm sure it's a busy day for them, and I had a gift card to spend anyway.

Then I found out they wanted to charge me ANOTHER $5 to guarantee morning delivery - if I declined, then they would only guarantee delivery by 8:00 pm! No way was I going to be charged TWO extra charges for delivery, so I went ahead without.

When I got to the payment screen and entered my gift card number, I got kicked back to the home page. My order was still in the shopping cart, but I had to personalize it all over again and enter the delivery and billing information again as well. This happened two or three more times until I was on the *** of quitting, but finally it went through... and ProFlowers REFUSED TO HONOR MY GIFT CARD!

I didn't even get as far as a payment confirmation screen (although I realize now that they hadn't shown me my total bill before they were asking for my billing information).

So not only are their prices ridiculous (I could buy roses that look just as nice as those pictured for about 1/3 the price at any store right now), but they try to stick you with a bunch of extra charges and they do not honor gift cards! I will never do business with this company again, and would never recommend them to anyone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Proflowers Delivery Service.

Comments

to S0_Sad Seattle, Washington, United States #619020

SO_Sad has no complaints on anything. I think he/she is just going around defending proflowers.

What a shill.