I was actually EARLY this year for planning my wife's flowers for Valentines Day and made a Proflowers order 10 days prior to V-Day. I took off work on V-Day and was home when the flowers arrived. Much to my dismay, I didn't receive any "flowers" but a bunch of green stems and unopened buds. Not a single flower bloom was to be seen in the entire arrangement. In the few hours I had before my wife came home, I cut the stems, put water and the plant food in the vase and put the whole thing near a window top hopefully coax the buds to open up. By the time she got home, half the buds had just started to open, but still, I had no "flowers" to give her.
I understand that online florists have to take a bit of a risk and have a local florist supply the actual product. Part of this involves preparing bouquets of "young" flowers in the expectation that they will have bloomed by arrival. But Proflowers plus whatever local vendor they used did a HORRIBLE job - ruined my whole day. This bouquet may turn out to be OK in the next day or so, but that completely misses the point. Who the *** wants to get so-called flowers on Valentines Day and then sit and wait??
Take a look for yourself at the arrangement and you be the judge on whether or not this was worth the price (or any price).
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
You May Also Like
- "My husband ordered some flowers from Pro Flowers that were advertised as being on sale for $39.99. He used the 1-800 number to place the order by the time..."
- "I ordered flowers and they were nothing like the picture!!! I was so mad when I saw them!!! I will never use this service again!!!..."
- "My husband ordered me red *Long stemmed* roses for V-day and I about died when they came (in a box for me to arrange) The rose buds were very small..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "If you are one of the many people waiting and wondering if you'll ever get paid by One Stop Maintenance in NY, you can file your complaint with the NY..."
- "Eighty-nine homeowners from Bakersfield, CA filed a lawsuit against LENNAR Homes for construction defects. Milstein, Adelman, and Kreger, the firm representing the homeowners, released a statement saying: "These..."