Proflowers - Never ordering from Pro Flowers again

I recently ordered what was pictured as a beautiful pink Azalea bush in a white ceramic/glass planter/vase for the funeral. It was the mother of a close friend I've had since childhood and I loved the idea of her taking this bush out of the planter, putting it in the yard, and thinking of her mother every time she looked at it. When I went to the funeral it was nowhere in sight so I started taking notice trying to find it. At this point I was worried that my plant hadn't been shipped at all. When I finally found what was sent with my card I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a small basket, barely larger than the small box of tissues sitting next to it, with some mixed plants in it, nothing she would be removing and planting in her yard that would have her thinking of her mom for years to come and certainly nothing I would have picked if it had been offered in the first place. To say I was mad would be an understatement but more than that I was disappointed because of how much I knew the plant would have meant to my friend.

I called Pro Flowers the next day and after speaking with several people the best they could do for me was a 40% refund. All I really wanted was for them to send the Azalea to her but since the funeral was already over they wouldn't send it because it would have been a change of address. Now I'm out the 60% of the original price for the hideous arrangement they sent plus the shipping and service charges (they weren't going to refund any of that) and the amount it's going to cost me to go buy a bush for my friend because that's what I wanted her to have in the first place and Pro Flowers took that opportunity away.

I know they are sometimes forced to make substitutions but this wasn't even close to comparable in style, size, price range, or color. Needless to say, I will never order from Pro Flowers again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
Review category
Flowers / Florist
review #860792

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Proflowers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Proflowers. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Proflowers.
Filing a new complaint about