Proflowers - Proflower fail
My husband ordered me 2 dozen roses for our anniversary.When I opened the box they had already started to die, the leaves were brown and crispy and the roses were wilted.
I was hoping that once i put them in water and added the flower feed they would perk up after they got water. Apparently I was a bit to hopeful, this picture is to show what is advertised and what they look lie on day 3. Unbelievable, and $79 down the drain.
We have ordered from proflowers before and unfortunately this has happened before.Lesson learned, we won't be or ding again from this company.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Two Dozen Roses
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
You May Also Like
- "My boyfriend decided he was going to surprise me at work (which he never does) with roses on Valentines day. When the flowers arrived at my office I was so..."
- "These are the arrangements ordered from Proflowers, and the ones my mother received for Mother's Day. Need I say more?!!..."
- "Terrible. Overpriced. Customer service is terrible. Reps answering phones cannot comprehend simple conversation. See the ad vs. delivered photos attached. Nuff said...."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "I am so glad I read all the information you all gave me on these worthless chips. I was looking to buy one to help increase my gas mileage and..."
- "DO NOT BUY THROUGH ONETRAVEL IF YOU KNOW YOU MIGHT NEED TO CANCEL YOUR TICKET. YOU'LL ENDUP PAYING DOUBLE IN THEIR HIDDEN FEES (BESIDES THE $200 PENALTY FEES). OneTravel are so..."
- "These people are total *** bag losers! DO NOT BUY A CAR HERE! I am looking for anyone else that has had their contract changed or were tricked into thinking..."