Antioch, Tennessee

After making a purchase from Proflowers.com a charge for 14.95 appeared on my next months bank statement. I called Proflowers and they said I signed up for a program called easy savers.

This must be some kind of scam because I didn't sign up for anything or authorize my credit card to be charged. I checked online and noticed that other people have had the same problem. How can it be legal for companies to do this without first notifing the person who's card will be charged.

I do not advise ordering from this company. Its not worth the hastle.

Comments

*** PROFLOWERS!!! I JUST GOT THE A CHARGE FROM EASY SAVER BECAUSE OF AN ORDER WITH PROFLOWERS!!!

MINE WAS ONLY $1.95.. I CALLED UP EASY SAVER AND TOLD THEM TO REFUND MY MONEY AND THEY AGREED

Tell them that youa re going to take tem to court and they will refund the money.

I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT IF I DIDNT BUY ANYTHING ONLINE HOW I AM GETTING CHARGED.

I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF PRO FLOWERS BEFORE.

SO WHERE DID THESE CHARGES COME FROM?

I too had the same problem as others. I have found at least 500 other postings on various websites from people who also were scammed by these companies.

It's one thing if one or two people make a mistake and sign up for this without reading the fine print, it's something else when it happens to hundreds of people. I called Easy Savers today at 1-800-444-9491 to get a refund. At first they said they would only give me a credit for the current month, but after *** to them enough, they agreed to refund me for the three months I was charged. I'm waiting to see how long it will take to show up on my cc statement.

If you call, make sure you ask them for a confirmation number as well as an e-mail. I will never purchase anything from ProFlowers again.

:? :( another voice of lament...here I try to do a nice thing by purchasing flowers from Pro-flowers (recommended by trusted talk radio hosts) and I find out months later that they have been stealing money from me all along. How anyone can defend this activity is beyond comprehension by moral citizens (are you listening MARGARET???!!!) The fine print be damned when ordering via telephone in the midst of a 70+ hour work week.

Don

I had the same with Proflowers. the problem is there is no one to answer the phone @ EZSaver. So the helpful person @ Proflowers who says call the number doesn't understand that no one answers the number.

I suggest sending multiple emails to Proflowers customer service, the BBB, and your State regulators as this does appear fraudulent as best.

I have been traveling for a long time because of work so I had not noticed my bank statements. I remember ordering flowers for valentines day earlier this year for a couple of friends with ProFlowers (Feb) now I just saw my bank statements and I've been charged $14.95 from Easy Saver every month since Feb.

After reading this blog/post and others online I decided to call my bank (BAC) and file for fraud, they said they'll cancel my card and issue a new one with $121 refund.

Since I read someone on this post said that its clearly stated on ProFlowers site; I went ahead and tried to place an order with ProFlowers and I got as far as the Billing information page and it doesn't state anything about Easy Saver at all!!! Very disappointed with ProFlowers!!

Yes, just found out my $29 flowers back in May have cost $85 more in this monthly $14.95 scam. Questionable if not unethical actions on Proflowers site. Cost, one customer who will not use Proflowers again and actively let others know about this substandard site.

I am really annoyed with the following posting:

9. Written by proflowers, on 07-05-2008 08:00

Try reading something before submitting an order. It clearly says for easysaver. Get 15.00 off your next purchase IF you try Easy Saver for a month. It also says clearly before you submit it if you dont cancel you will then be charged 14.95 a month for this service. TRY TO READ YOU *** BEFORE SUBMITTING AN ORDER

When I originally placed my order, I did hurry through it and somehow found myself in a "trial membership" however I cancelled the membership within 24 hours of signing up for it and received an email confirmation cancelling the trial membership. In August, I found the $14.95 a month charge on my AMEX and researched it. This freakin company has been charging me since May (although I have an email cancellation). Pro Flowers plays *** and Easy Savers plays even more ***. They engage in parasitic billing and both Pro Flowers and Easy Savers should be held accountable ... I am so annoyed that I am thinking about contacting a lawyer ... I hate frivolous lawsuits but this practice is despicable

to the proflowers employees who posted here:

you are completely full of ***. you work for a bunch of theives.

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND WE ARE TELLING YOU THESE CHARGES ARE UNAUTHORIZED!! Do you GET IT?

I was scammed by ProFlowers nearly a year ago and I'm really surprised they're still allowing Easy Saver to steal from from unsuspecting customers. I DID NOT enter my zipcode or e-mail address...but Easy Save still received my credit card number from ProFlowers. I wonder if ProFlowers gets a kick-back from Easy Saver?

#20865

I had the charge. I guess, I was lured into signing up to receive discount.

I couldn't use the discount because I had to wait 24hours. Then the charges showed up.

I called them and was able to get my money back. :roll

It's shady on the part of Proflowers to be in business with Easy Saver. I am normally very careful, but all I did was enter my zip code for what looked like a coupon from them, and it signed me up for a memberhship with Easy Saver.

Proflowers told me when I entered my zip code, I am signing up for the membership. Proflowers is still giving out my card number. They acted like it was my fault.

He said they couldn't be in business if they were selling people's information. Whatever!

As an employee of ProFlowers, I thought I would take the opportunity to try to clarify our Easy Saver program and the enrollment process. After a customer makes a purchase on our site, we offer them the opportunity to sign up with Easy Saver Rewards, a partner program which offers our customers a multitude of discounts and services. As an incentive to try the program, we offer customers a $15 gift code which can be used on our site.

In order to sign up for the program and receive the coupon, the customer needs to enter their email address and zip code to confirm their acceptance of the terms and conditions. Within the terms directly to the left of the "accept" button are clearly stated, both the enrollment process and the charge of the program. We always encourage our customers to provide feedback on making this process clearer as our goals are not to have customers entered in a program that they do not wish to be in. Canceling is very simple; customers can call 1-800-355-1837 if they no longer wish to be part of the service.

Just for clarification, we have no relationship with Reservation Rewards, I mention this only as it was brought up by one of the above posters.

ProFlowers takes our customers and their concerns very seriously. We hope that customers reading this email will understand that we are not acting in a malicious manner in which these posts reflect.

Thank you.

Margaret

ProFlowers

This is all true believe it!!! Do NOT use Pro-Flowers, your banking information will be shared with Easy Saver a completely separate company.

I don't understand how this is legal at all!!! Don't listen to these people defending Pro-Flowers or Easy Saver, if you have any doubts about this simply google Easy Saver. The number of bad reports about this company is laughable. By the way, to the people defending this company, I would like to know what you have invested in such a corrupt company that would be worth defending it?!

I Found out Easy Saver has been skimming my account so I called and threatened with a lawsuit, and they said they would refund my money.

I think it's very important to get the word out on predatory companies such as this, people spread the word and don't be afraid to fight back!!! :(

Take some personal responsibility and read something before you sign up for. How old are you guys?

I ordered flowers for my mother for mother's day. The flowers were suppossed to be there by Friday at the latest but never showed up.

When I tracked the order on ups they said that they had only received the billing info but not the order. I called proflowers and they said they made a mistake and would ship the flowers on monday (the day AFTER mother's day). I tolde them nevermind and that I wanted to cancel my order but then they said there is no way they could cancel since it was after May 1st.

I was so upset and to add insult to injury they charged my debit card twice. :(

Get 15.00 off your next purchase IF you try Easy Saver for a month.

It also says clearly before you submit it if you dont cancel you will then be charged 14.95 a month for this service. TRY TO READ YOU *** BEFORE SUBMITTING AN ORDER :(

:( I was suppose to have flowers sent to my mom at her work for mothers day on friday... BUT they are shipping them today (Monday!!!) and the problem is the number I put is wrong so when they call b/c NO ONE IS THERE...

the number wont work. I HATE THEM

This must be a recent scam because I just caught it this month but I was also charged $14.95 last month without my authorization after purchasing flowers from my mother's birthday. I went to my bank to deal with this after reading blogs that people were having difficulties with the company EASY SAVERS. Be careful and do not buy from Pro Flowers!

ProFlowers Reviews