I recently experienced credit card fraud with ProFlowers.com and wanted to get the story out there because it seems as though I am not the first person this has happened to.

I ordered some flowers from them online for my mom's birthday last week, as I have used them in the past without a problem. Everything seemed to go off without a hitch; the flowers arrived on-time and in great condition, as usual.

Then today, I was checking my debit card statement online and noticed there was a charge for $14.95 from a company I didn't recognize and I started to research this to find out what it was. The merchant was listed on my statement as EZSVER RW ID055181287, so I copied and pasted the first part (EZSVER RW) into my browser and was shocked at the search results. You can see some of these results at the following link:

It looks like this has been a scam for quite some time and I immediately contacted ProFlowers to see if there was a way to reverse this charge and keep it from repeating every month. The woman I spoke with told me that I must have "accidentally" clicked the accept button on a pop-up that came up while I was checking out from my order with them. Then, I was simply given a phone number and told that I had to cancel the monthly service myself. Of course, I sent them a complaint e-mail, but I don't know if this will do any good. I also disputed the charge with my bank, but I won't be able to contact the EZSVER merchant to cancel the service until business hours tomorrow.

This whole thing is very disturbing to me because I never entered my debit card information anywhere other than the ProFlowers check-out page, so even if I did click on that pop-up (which I specifically remember closing out), then I should've still had to have given my debit card number to this other company. This means ProFlowers is just handing out credit/debit card numbers and information without client authorization. How can this be legal? PLEASE HELP!! Simply boycotting them for the rest of my life just isn't enough...

Mandi Broderson

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

ccgrcu#!

I guess I was lucky, the one and only time I used Pro Flowers, I was only charged what I was originally invoiced online. I do remember that pop-up box though because originally I remember thinking, "Did it go through?" as everything disappeared with no confirmation page showing payment of receiving my credit card information. I either called and they confirmed with me by phone that they received my payment info, and or I logged out and back in and got confirmation.

OH YEA JUST HAPPENED TO ME FOR 119.

91 ON 12/05/2011 I NEVER OREDERED FROM THEN IN MY LIFE.

MY FIENCE' GOT ME PROFLOWERS FOR VALENTINES DAY. JUST YEST HE FOUND A 14.95 CHARGE...SAME THING.

THEY SAID HE MUSTA CLICKED ON THE ACCEPT BUTTON!..... HE SAID HE HOPED I ENJOYED THE FLOWERS CUZ HE AIN'T NEVER ORDERING FROM THEM AGAIN!

AND BTW,,,THEY WERE VERY PRETTY...BUT NOT HALF AS FULL AS THEY WERE ADVERTISED TO BE! WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING CUSTOMERS NOR WILL WE RECOMMEND THEM TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY

It took me some time to figure out the source of the "mystery charge" on my credit card, but I've tracked it to ProFlowers, AGAIN!

We contacted them last year and demanded cancellation of their "special shopper program" which I got in, unbeknownst to me. Contrary to some of the comments on this site, I was VERY careful when I ordered more flowers from them this year (they DO provide great flowers) to make SURE that I didn't check anything and that I read ALL THE FINE PRINT and even UNCHECKED the tricky box, but STILL we got charged again this year on our credit card.

We've tried numerous times to contact them by phone and email, to no avail.

I'd say it's time to contact the Attorney General and Consumer Affairs!! This type of activity IS a scam!!!!

Same thing happen to me and the same excuse was used, they lied

Same thing happened to me. I didn't catch it for 4 months.

After calling customer service she tried to only credit me for 1 of the 4 months. I had to insist on getting all 4 months credited before she gave in. While I was credited, it's still extremely irritating that it is even legal for them to do this in the first place.

I KNOW that I did not accept the offer, I closed it out immediately, but apparently even clicking on the X button enters you. DON'T BUY FROM PROFLOWERS!!!

#242066

It is not a fraud. This is a special program.

most people acidently click the wrong button trying to leave the pop-up. Yes, i dislike most of the special programs, but it is not a fraud.

you are paying for a service, you just were not paying atention so you dont know what the service is. proflowers is a wonderful company

So when you put in your information do you even read the fine print? There are many companies that do this, and while I don't agree with it, it is the consumers responsibility to be responsible for their own information and what they agree to.

Yeah I LOVED the "Sorry for YOUR confusion" comment. It absolutely is a scam!

You enter your information for a ProFlowers order and they forward that including your credit card information to Encore Marketing and Easy Saver Rewards.

You will then be charged $14.95 a month until you catch it. If you call you credit card company and have them contact Easy Saver Rewards they will agree to refund the charges, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LIST OF DATES AND AMOUNTS OR THEY MAY TRY TO ONLY REFUND THE MOST RECENT ONES.

I like how they apologize for MY confusion. I was not at all confused, actually.

The same thing happened to me. They promised to credit the last 6 months back! waht a scam and its billed on your phone bill.

This happened to me as well. I cancelled my "membership" that I never joined and contacted my bank because i am expecting that they may keep charging me. Do Not Use Proflowers!

Just happened to me, I noticed a 14.95 charge on my card from easy server. Here what I think is the real scam.

They charge the $14.95 a month after your order, and hope you don't notice the $1.95 charge the did right around the time of your order.

They net $1.95 from ever order if the customer misses it. For the record, I don't recall, as do others after doing some research, click an accept button for anything!

So glad I found this site. I was just about to order from proflowers because Rush Limbaugh endorses them, then I read this.

I will definitely order now. Thanks for the warning!

I notice that Ms Caroline has a cut and paste application for these situations. A class action suit is being proposed in a later post. It seems that should resolve this.

Westleigh, New South Wales, Australia #74345
Hello,
My name is Caroline and I am the Special Programs Associate here at ProFlowers. I would like to sincerely apologize for any confusion that you may have had with our partner programs.

I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns with you as well as any feedback you may have about the program.

Please feel free to contact me directly, my phone number is (858) 909-3785 and my email is csegars@proflowers.com. I would be happy to speak with you.
Westleigh, New South Wales, Australia #74343