Proflowers sent me an email on Mothers Day telling me they would not be delivering my mother's flowers. No reason. They just didn't bother to deliver them. They had the gall to ask me what they could do to make me happy.

What follows is our email exchange.

Dear Sherry,

Unfortunately, we have some bad news. Due to a delay with our delivery partner, which we accept full responsibility for, your recent order (#P----) to Patricia was not delivered in time for Mother's Day.

Based on the online tracking information of your order, we have not seen the expected confirmation that your order has been delivered. We tried everything in our power to make it happen, and we're terribly sorry we couldn't come through for you. We hope that there is still time for you to make another arrangement.

Please let us make this right for you. Call us today at 1-800-PROFLOWERS (776-3569) or email us at wecare@proflowers.com and let us know what we can do. We will do everything we can to make sure you're happy with your entire ProFlowers experience.

Additionally, I want to personally assure you on behalf of the entire team here at ProFlowers that we're working to get to the root cause of these problems you experienced—and any problem that stops us from meeting your expectations.

When mistakes happen, it's disheartening for all of us, because it means we've let you down. And our whole goal, our entire purpose, is to serve you and help you make the special people in your life feel all the more special.

If you have already spoken with a customer service representative about this, disregard this email and—more importantly—rest assured any arrangements you have already made will be honored.

Sincerely,Bill Strauss, CEO ProFlowers.com 1-800-PROFLOWERS - 24 hours, 7 days a week

-----Original Message-----From: Sherry ()Sent: May 11, 2008 11:01:06 PMSubject: FW: Important Update About Your ProFlowers Order (#---)

You can refund my money. All of it. It was shady the way you offered a ten dollar discount and then tacked on the extra ten dollars for Saturday deliveryto begin with. The only reason I ordered from you is because of the discount advertised on Breuer Unleashed. I will be letting them know that you never delivered the order and encouraging them to not participate in promotions withyour company again.

You didn't deliver MOTHERS DAY flowers. Any other day might have been acceptable. This was not. Further, you should have CALLED me so that I couldmake other arrangements, rather than taking the cowardly way out and sending me an email which I did not get until just now.

Thanks for nothing. I will look forward to my complete refund on the creditcard.

Sherry P___Dear Sherry,, Order Number P----

Thank you for contacting ProFlowers.com. Please accept our sincere apologiesfor your disappointment with your recnet order. We have applied a refund of58.19 to your account as requested. This credit will interface with your creditcard company in approximately 5-7 business days.

As your satisfaction is extremely important to us, we are more than happy toissue this refund. Again, please accept our apologies for any disappointmentwith this order. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

HB Marchelene ReznicekCustomer CareProFlowersSend love, not like. Send ProFlowers

Product or Service Mentioned: Proflowers Delivery Service.

Comments

I just ordered roses for my wife on valentines day. The delivery was fine but the roses were horrible.

Some of them were starting to wither and 90% of them were grossly undersized. I'll never order from ProFlowers again

I ordered flowers for Valentine's day a week ahead of time. Come delivery day, no flowers, yet I get an email stating proudly " Your flowers have been delivered." They were, to the wrong State.

I called them and was told "Don't worry, it was a shipper error and your order will be delivered by 8 PM guaranteed". No flowers delivered. Called them again and was told "we are sorry, we will issue a refund", as though that is going to correct the situation. Cannot find an email address for CEO Bill Strauss.

This is just a short synopsis of the screwup.

I will never ever use them again as their guarantee is worthless. :(

These idiots delivered a bouquet (for my niece who just delivered my grand nephew) AT THE SECURITY GUARD DESK OF THE EMERGENCY ROOM AT THE HOSPITAL!!!! Only *** would not deliver the flowers to the front desk to be taken to a new mother. They also charged me double of the listed price for "next day delivery", "Saturday delivery", etc., etc.