I go to college and wanted to surprise my mom with flowers since my dad is out of the country until next month. Since I rarely get to go back home to see her, I decided to buy flowers online and have them sent to her job instead of asking a friend from my hometown to do it for me. I saw an offer from Proflowers on LivingSocial for $15 for $30 and was skeptical, but I figured the 29,000 other people who had purchased the deal couldn't all be wrong. 30 sweetheart tulips for $39.97, glass vase for $9.99, delivery for $14.99 (extra charges if you want it on the 14th, but I was fine with the 13th), and tax all added up to $72. A tad pricy, but anything for my mom.
My mom texted me today, telling me she loved me and appreciated the thought. She also asked me how much the flowers cost, which I thought was a strange thing to ask. My sister then texted me "Mom got the flowers! But why are they so droopy and full of leaves? :(" so I asked her to send me a picture. I can't express how disappointed I was with them. They looked absolutely nothing like the advertisement! There were only 25 tulips, not 30 as I had ordered, and all of them were droopy. There were so many oversized leaves that it looked like I had ordered a house plant instead of pretty tulips. The vase came separately from the flowers, which was unbelievable because every other company I've ever ordered from has delivered them as a complete package. My mom worked as a florist a few years back, and even with her skills, that was as pretty as she could get the bouquet to look.
Incredibly false advertisement, not to mention they cheated me out of 5 flowers! Do they not care about satisfying customers to get them to come back and re-order from them? I understand now why they had to put a special offer on LivingSocial - so that they could trick naive people like me into giving them our business. We obviously only buy flowers for people we truly care most about, and to have it be a negative experience really takes away from the special moment. Such a disappointment! Please trust me when I tell you to stay away from Proflowers!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
You May Also Like
- "We ordered flowers from Proflowers ( they do business under several names) you can see in the pic what we received. When I called to get a refund i..."
- "5/14/12- Saturday my mom sent me a picture of what was supposed to be a bouquet I sent for mother's day yesterday. It was no where near what the picture..."
- "My wife recieved it at work and had to arrange it herself nothing had blossom she was soo embarrased she put it under the desk and brought it home day..."
- "I purchased my PetPlan dog plan on June 9, 2009, pre-paid for quarterly coverage and was charged after the 24 hour hold on June 10, 2009. A few weeks later..."
- "The owner of the “said” car claimed I damaged his tire, yet I have a solid witness who was with me when I dropped the car off! Just look at..."
- "Tainted Pageant I would like to share with all of you my story. You can say I am a beauty pageant aficionado. I have been to countless beauty contest, from small..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."
- "I renewed plan from Verizon in July keeping the plan the same including what i was being charged. Offered "free upgrade" to 100/100 internet. Told the bill would be the..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."