Proflowers - Waste of Money: Worst Looking Flowers Ever!

I go to college and wanted to surprise my mom with flowers since my dad is out of the country until next month. Since I rarely get to go back home to see her, I decided to buy flowers online and have them sent to her job instead of asking a friend from my hometown to do it for me. I saw an offer from Proflowers on LivingSocial for $15 for $30 and was skeptical, but I figured the 29,000 other people who had purchased the deal couldn't all be wrong. 30 sweetheart tulips for $39.97, glass vase for $9.99, delivery for $14.99 (extra charges if you want it on the 14th, but I was fine with the 13th), and tax all added up to $72. A tad pricy, but anything for my mom.

My mom texted me today, telling me she loved me and appreciated the thought. She also asked me how much the flowers cost, which I thought was a strange thing to ask. My sister then texted me "Mom got the flowers! But why are they so droopy and full of leaves? :(" so I asked her to send me a picture. I can't express how disappointed I was with them. They looked absolutely nothing like the advertisement! There were only 25 tulips, not 30 as I had ordered, and all of them were droopy. There were so many oversized leaves that it looked like I had ordered a house plant instead of pretty tulips. The vase came separately from the flowers, which was unbelievable because every other company I've ever ordered from has delivered them as a complete package. My mom worked as a florist a few years back, and even with her skills, that was as pretty as she could get the bouquet to look.

Incredibly false advertisement, not to mention they cheated me out of 5 flowers! Do they not care about satisfying customers to get them to come back and re-order from them? I understand now why they had to put a special offer on LivingSocial - so that they could trick naive people like me into giving them our business. We obviously only buy flowers for people we truly care most about, and to have it be a negative experience really takes away from the special moment. Such a disappointment! Please trust me when I tell you to stay away from Proflowers!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 4 No 4
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Feb 16, 2013 #610092

If you have not already receieved a resolution on your order please send me your order details at I will make sure you are taken care of for your order. I look forward to hearing from you. -Mike @ProFlowers

0 0 Reply

Feb 14, 2013 #608704 West Palm Beach, Florida

What a dissapointment. I had flowers delivered to my wife to whom I really love and want to impress , she was at work. I didn't reciece a call from her as expected so I called. She told me that after class they called her to the recption desk that she had a PACKAGE. She opened it in front of her friends and saw some flowers that are days from blooming that she had to arrainge herself. Of course she is trying to make me feel bette3r by saying it is the thought that counts, (that is code for it's a crappy gift) these people should be embarrassed. I bet ther not. Joe

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Proflowers. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Proflowers.
Filing a new complaint about